The A. J. Moore High School Alumni Association is proud to announce that we are now officially a non-profit corporation with tax exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the United States Internal Revenue code. Though we are now a Corporation, the name of the organization continues to be A. J. Moore High Alumni Association (AJMHSAA).
AJMHSAA have the following specific purposes for which it has been organized:
- To engage and connect with alumni in the promotion and coordination of scholarship programs for graduating youth
- Encouraging alumni to contribute their time, talent, and financial support to promote education among disadvantaged youth
- Communicating needs, news, and celebrating the innovative accomplishments of A. J. Moore High School alumniThis Corporation promotes civic engagement by cultivating a mutually beneficial relationship between the alumni and community by the above specific needs. A copy of the letter granting AJMHSAA its 501(c)3 non-profit status as well as the By-laws are available upon request. We are requesting that all alumni commit to increasing participation and owning our legacy by supporting as many events as possible which will raise our visibility and our determination to remain “faithful and true-hearted” to A. J. Moore High School and the rich traditions which helped to shape us. Financial SecretaryP. O. 1384 AJMHSAA Co-Chair
- Bettie V. Beard
- Waco, TX 76703
- A. J. Moore Alumni Association
- Donations to the A. J. Moore High School Alumni Association can be sent to:
- AJMHSAA is now eligible to apply for government and foundation grants which will further broaden access to resources and enhance our ability to fulfill our purpose and invest in our legacy. Achieving non-profit status is a major step for A. J. Moore High School Alumni Association as it opens doors for us to host fundraising events on a regular basis thereby shaping a new culture of involvement for alumni members.